There are many things that can be done to renovate your new home. In fact, the list is so long, it seemed more effective to provide a list of all the ineligible improvements to a property. Here's what you can't do:
- You Can't tear down a home and rebuild it.
- You can't move a house from one location to another
- You can't make improvements that are commercial in nature
- You can't convert a single family home to a mutli-unit home, or vice vers
- You can't build free standing buildings (except for a garage if zoning permits)
Other than that, you will be able to make any improvement that adds value to the property.